Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What I’m Packing for Challenge Walk

by Jill Jones

As you probably know, Challenge Walk MS is rain or shine, so to be prepared for the weather is a must. Also, since it starts earlier in the day, it can be chilly to start and get warmer as the day progresses. Each day last year I wore layers that I could put on or take off as the weather changed. 

When it rained last year, I had a poncho type raincoat that worked really well. This year, I am looking to purchase more of a rain suit that is a little lighter in weight. I feel this may be easier to walk in. When it rained last year and it was a little chilly, my team wore cotton gloves with plastic gloves over them to keep them dry. That really worked for me. Also, a hooded sweatshirt and jacket was a must for me to keep my ears covered.   


What are your Challenge Walk MS "dress for success" tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment