Monday, September 16, 2013

My Shoes

by Jill Jones

Shoes are an important part of the Challenge Walk because they will determine how you feel each day of the walk. Before last year’s walk, I decided to go to a place where they would analyze my walk and determine the best shoes for me.  I knew that the shoes I would then purchase would cost more than just buying them elsewhere, but I thought it would be worth it. After the walk, I would agree that it was well worth the extra price. 

A funny story about my shoes is the day I bought them I was meeting with my brother and sister for supper that night. I had just come from the shoe store and proudly brought my box of shoes into the house to show them off. When I looked down at my sister’s feet, she was wearing the exact same shoes that I had just purchased. She had also done a foot strike analysis at a different store and ended up with the exact same pair of shoes. How funny is that? 

I would also invest in the moisture wicking socks or dri fit socks that you can purchase. They keep your feet dry and especially on a rainy day, your feet will thank you for it. 

This year I am going to wear those same shoes for the second year. I use them strictly for the Challenge Walk and training, so I am hoping that my feet will stay “happy” with me and I will not have to visit the excellent medical staff that we have at the Challenge Walk.  

What story do you have about your shoes?

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool story Jill :-) can't wait to walk this week :-)

    ReplyDelete