Monday, July 22, 2013

Why I Walk in Challenge Walk MS

by Lori Rousseau

Lori (center) will be participating again this year,
surrounded by family and friends.
My name is Lori Rousseau and I was first diagnosed with MS in 1997. This will be my fourth Challenge Walk. My motto is I walk for those who can't. Now don't get me wrong, I can't walk the full 50 miles, so I walk as far as I can with a cane and then I get pushed in a wheelchair by either a family member or friend. So anyone can do this.

I love doing the Challenge Walk for so many reasons. I love the massages, meeting old friends, the beautiful scenery, the different rest stops (every 3 miles) and the silent auction pieces. I have included photographs from my Challenge Walks during the past four years.

One tip I can share with you is to bring a variety of clothes such as rain gear, cold weather clothes and warm weather clothes since we never know how the weather will be. We have walked in rainy, windy and hot weather during the past four years.

This is a great life-changing experience and I look forward to it every year. Come join the fun with me. Hope to see you there!


Next week I'll start working on my fundraising.


1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. The Challenge Walk is such an inspirational event and every step you take inspires me to work harder and do more. I'm glad you mentioned that you don't have to do the full fifty....it's not about the miles as much as it is about us celebrating our determination to keep going despite our challenges. If we don't, who will create the awareness and fund critical research. See you in Door County

    ReplyDelete